| Register | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
» Username  » Password   
General Chit Chat Living in Kigali Forum / General Chit Chat /

French Cultural Center in Rwanda

molarband1925
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 22 Feb 2012 21:44
i always pass by the French Cultural Center near UTC. as far as i know, it was closed for a long time now, but sometimes i see people (some security & management maybe) there and i wonder, when will it be operational... do anyone of hear has an idea on whether it will open soon enough?

thanks!
admin
Admin
#2 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 15:26
I registered for French classes there last September-ish and it was open. I don't know the house but it closes around lunch time for about an hour or two. I also don't really know what's on offer there. The actual French class I took was at a school near Cercle Sportif.

But they are open, so just pop by in the morning or later in the afternoon and see what's up. Let us know what they have there!

#3 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 09:00
Does anyone happen to have the phone number for the French Cultural Center? I'm interested in taking French lessons.
pretty
#4 | Posted: 23 Aug 2012 14:39
Hi,

Does any one know of another french school in Kigali. I urgently need french lessons.

#5 | Posted: 23 Aug 2012 18:25
hi
are there any french school in kigali?
nigel
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 12:32
Hi. There are two french speaking schools in kigali. There is the Ecole Belge de Kigali and also the french school Antoine de St Exupery. The EBK does belgian exams but I don't think that the french school does ant internationally recognised exams.
vaclav
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 4 Sep 2012 06:24
pretty
Hi, I am looking for french classes as well and I do not find any. Would it be an option for you that we team up and look for a teacher ? I do not have good experience with one-on-one lesson...If interested, let me know. V.
Nigel
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 4 Sep 2012 08:32
hi Pretty and Vaclav
I know a french teacher, he is called Jean DeDieu, his number is 0788598911. he speaks English as well. I don't think that they Ecole Belge holds french lessons other than for it's students.
Nigel

#9 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 18:33
The French School also does an international exam, it's called the Baccalaureat. It is recognized worldwide in opposition to the Belgian one who is only recognized in Europe!
nigel
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 05:43
i am not sure that the french school does do the International Baccalaureat, you should verify beforehand. The exams at the belgian school are recognised worldwide as are the exams from any European or British school. The school is inspected each year by inspectors sent by the Belgians and always is in the top 25 percentile of schools in Belgium.
General Chit Chat Living in Kigali Forum / General Chit Chat / French Cultural Center in Rwanda Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.