This week isn’t quite as jam packed as last week but there are still a few interesting looking things going on. I’ll keep adding new events as I discover them. Or if you know of something that I’ve missed, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here we go…
Friday, August 31st
- Ultimate Frisbee – 6am – Cercle Sportif – I think it’s insane… but you might be insane and therefore like playing Ultimate Frisbee at 6am this Friday morning. Email email@example.com to let them know you’ll be playing.
- Reading Lab for Teenagers – 3pm – Goethe-Institut – One of a series of 8 workshops aimed at young people between the ages of 14 and 20. So… not really open to all, sorry! But if there are any young whippersnappers reading this, then check it out. Although it started a few weeks ago so not sure if you can join halfway or what. I’m really not doing much to inform anyone about anything, am I? Lets just move on…
- Mboka – The Musical – 7:30pm – Ishyo Arts Center – Don’t miss the last night of Rwanda’s first ever musical performance!
Saturday, September 1st
- Heritage Exhibition – 1pm – Uburanga Arts Studio – Check out a new exhibition at this art studio in Kimihurura. With live painting, sculpture and craft making.
- Movie Night – 7pm – Heaven Restaurant – Head to Heaven for a showing of ‘The Avengers’. Entry is Rwf 2,500 and includes popcorn.
- Back to the Future – Reopening of Papyrus – 9pm – Papyrus – Party people extraordinaire the K-Team are organizing the grand reopening of the new Papyrus in Kimihururu. One word of advice… if this new Payprus is anything like the old place then hold on tightly to your valuables – stuff gets stolen there. Or used to.
Sunday, September 2nd
- Pickup Volleyball – 1pm to 4pm – Mamba Club – These casual volleyball games spring up on sunny days on the court at Mamba Club. Nothing formal, just show up and hit balls.
- Ultimate Frisbee – 3:30pm – Cercle Sportif – Pay Rwf 1,000 to get into the Cercle Sportif grounds and you’ll find a keen group of active folks looking to play some Ultimate Frisbee.
Monday, September 3rd
- Quiz Night – 8pm – Sol e Luna – The first social gathering for many a new arrival, quiz night is a great place to see who’s new in town while testing your brain on some really great and fun quizzes and some awful, tedious ones. It depends on who won the previous week so it’s kind of hit and miss. But the pizza is ok and the red wine is some of the best in town (for Kigali, of course).
Tuesday, September 4th
- Movie – Cherry Blossoms – Hanami – 6:30pm – Goethe-Institut – Movie night at the Goethe-Institute German Cultural Centre! Yay! It’s nice to see movies in Kigali and the Goethe-Institue usually picks some good ones.
Wednesday, September 5th
- Ultimate Frisbee – 6am – Cercle Sportif – If playing Ultimate Frisbee on a Sunday afternoon seems too tame for you, then try out the mid-week 6am version. Crazy! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you’ll be playing.
Thursday, September 6th
- Nothing so far. Know of an event… suggest it here!
I hope you guys find something in here that interests you!